EndNote is a citation management tool
For Windows and Mac users:
- Staff on PC Phoenix workstations can install EndNote X6 or X7 from the Phoenix - Software Catalogue
Download Endnote X7 from the Deakin Software Library on your own devices
N.B. Mac users must have OS X 10.6 or later to support Endnote X7 (requirements & compatibility).
The EndNote iPad app is now available for purchase
Before upgrading, follow the instructions for For more information about
How to uninstall EndNote old-version
CITE WHILE YOU WRITE compatibility
√ Cite While You Write compatible
* Cite While You Write appears to work with Word 2013 with one exception. Figures and tables are not working with Word 2013. If you need to use EndNote to work with figures and tables, we recommend using an earlier version of Word.
** Cite While You Write is currently not compatible with Office 2016 on Mac. Thompson Reuters are currently working on developing a patch for this issue. In the meantime, if you have Office 2016 on your Mac, please visit this link
- Cite While You Write not supported
EndNote tutorials and training sessions
- EndNote X7 (Windows) intro guide
- EndNote X7 (Mac) intro guide
- EndNote X6 (Windows) intro guide
- EndNote X6 (Mac) intro guide
- EndNote Basic & Online getting started
Printing the guides:
For best results, please do not print these documents from your browser window. Rather, download and print from the PDF document using an Adobe Reader.
Give us your feedback!
What do you think about our libguides?
Tell us what’s working well and where we could improve by clicking on the link below:
Contents of this guide
For software download issues contact the ITSD service desk
For technical support contact:
- Contact Crandon Services - Thomson Reuters EndNote contacts in Australia
- Thomson Reuters technical support for EndNote and EndNote Web
For more information contact your Liaison and Research Librarian